GLSEN Opens Auction Including Lunch with Julia Roberts
GLSEN Opens Online Auction Featuring Private Lunch with Academy/Golden Globe Award-Winning Actress Julia Roberts, Walk-on Roles on HBO's True Blood , ABC's Modern Family, and Tickets to the Los Angeles Premiere of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and After Party.
Online Auction Offers Once-in-a-Lifetime Experiences to Benefit GLSEN's Nationwide Efforts to End Harassment and Discrimination in K-12 Schools
Public Relations Manager
NEW YORK, NY - Oct. 7, 2013 - GLSEN, the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network, today unveiled its Charitybuzz online auction offering a private lunch with Academy/Golden Globe Award-winning actress Julia Roberts, walk-on roles on HBO's True Blood and ABC's Modern Family & General Hospital, tickets to the Los Angeles Premiere of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and after party, and other once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Auction bids will be accepted online until October 30 at: www.charitybuzz.com/glsen.
The auction is held in conjuction with GLSEN's Respect Awards - Los Angeles (www.glsen.org/respectla13) taking place Friday, October 18 at The Beverly HIlls Hotel. GLSEN will honor leading global, award-winning entertainment company Lionsgate (Chairman's Award); Emmy/Golden Globe Award-winning producer Linda Bloodworth Thomason (Lifetime Achievement Award); Emmy/Golden Globe Award-winning actor Jim Parsons and partner Todd Spiewak (Inspiration Award); and 11th-grade student Laila Al-Shamma of Carlsbad, California (2013 Student Advocate of the Year). Openly gay singer, songwriter and YouTube sensation Steve Grand will perform his hit single "All American Boy," and members of the award-winning, internationally acclaimed John Burroughs High School Show Choir will open the show singing a song written by Academy Award-winning songwriter Dean Pitchford.
Scandal star Kerry Washington and openly gay LA Galaxy Soccer star Robbie Rogers are Honorary Co-chairs of the GLSEN Respect Awards - Los Angeles.
"Our online auction continues to generat an incredible amount of attention and support for our work to ensure every LGBT student receives a quality education free from the devastating effects of bullying," said Dr. Eliza Byard, GLSEN's Executive Director. "We are grateful to have partners that make these successful auctions possible for our supporters to bid on exciting and priceless moments that allow us to ensure our transformative work reaches every school in this country."
GLSEN is proud to offer an exceptional slate of experiences to bid on at www.charitybuzz.com/glsen. This year's opportunities include:
- Lunch with Academy/Golden Globe Award-winning actress Julia Roberts and Fandango's Dave Karger at the exclusive Soho House West Hollywood
- 2 tickets to the Los Angeles Premiere and After Party for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
- 2 tickets to the 2014 Oscar Party in West Hollywood hosted by Sir Elton John and David Furnish
- Make your TV debut in a Modern Family walk-on role
- Enjoy an extra role in the final season of True Blood
- Saving Mr. Bank's pre-release private screening for 25 at the HIstoric Disney Lot.
- Tour the Radio Disney Studios, sit-in on a live broadcast and meet a Radio Disney star at a "Take Over"
- Enjoy a walk-on role on ABC's General Hospital
- 2 VIP passes to the ESPN Winter X Games in Aspen, Colorado on January 23-26
- 4 tickets to the Season 17 finale of ABC's Dancing With The Stars on November 26 in Los Angeles
- 4 tickets to the Radio Disney Music Awards with Pre-Show Celebrity Lounge and After Party access on April 26 in Los Angeles
- Behind-the-scenes tour and lunch for 2 at KABC7 Los Angeles
- Audition in Los Angeles with April Webster, Casting Director of Star Trek Into Darkness
- Fine art dog photography session with award-winning photographer Jesse Freidin
The GLSEN Respect Awards held annually in New York and Los Angeles, showcase the work of corporations, individuals, students and educators who have made a significant difference in the areas of diversity, inclusion and the safe schools movement, and who serve as exemplary role models.
To learn more about the GLSEN Respect Awards - Los Angeles, visit www.glsen.org/respectla13 or follow GLSEN on Twitter at @GLSEN and the hashtag #RespectLA.
For more information about GLSEN Respect Awards sponsorships, advertising, tickets and contributions, contact Rachel Silander at firstname.lastname@example.org or 646.388.6582.
GLSEN, the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network, is the leading national education organization focused on ensuring safe schools for all students. Established in 1990, GLSEN envisions a world in which every child learns to respect and accept all people, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity/expression. GLSEN seeks to develop school climates where difference is valued for the positive contribution it makes to creating a more vibrant and diverse community. For information on GLSEN's research, educational resources, public policy advocacy, student organizing programs and educator training initiatives, visit www.glsen.org.