Volunteer with GLSEN Connecticut
Do you want to help make schools safer for all students regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity/expression? Are you friendly and outgoing? Do you enjoy working with others? Do you possess valuable organizational, fundraising, computer, or administrative skills?
Please become a volunteer for GLSEN Connecticut. We will appreciate any amount of time and effort you have to offer!
How can you help?
- Contribute to our planning of upcoming events at our monthly board meetings
- Assist with basic administrative duties (e.g., help to organize school GSA databases)
- Assist us with our GSA and education projects (Safe Space Workshops, Jump-Start)
- Help with outreach at LGBT events, rallies, and pride festivals
- Help us with our fundraising efforts
- Offer other valuables skills you may possess (e.g., graphic design, event planning, etc.)
Please note that we require all volunteers over the age of 18 who would like to work with youth to go through a background check before you can begin volunteering. If you are under 18, you do not need a background check at all. Volunteers not in contact with youth at all would not need a background check; however, that would change if you applied to become a Board Member. And, if you ended up around youth for any reason, a background check approved adult would need to be present. Therefore, we strongly encourage all volunteers over the age of 18 to go through a background check.
Please download an application under "Resource Downloads" on the right side of this page and e-mail it to email@example.com.We look forward to working together to make schools in Connecticut free from anti-LGBT bullying and harassment.