GLSEN San Diego County's Jump-Start Team
GLSEN San Diego County's Jump-Start Team is a group of student leaders that work to create safe K-12 schools for all, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity/expression. To achieve this goal, the team networks with Gay-Straight Alliance clubs and organizes educational programs and actions in the community to promote inclusion, safety, and respect for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer students.
Jump-Start Team members must be:
- committed to safe schools work
- committed to being part of an inclusive community
- responsible - able to follow-through on organizing tasks and commitments
- interested in developing/deepening leadership, organizing and facilitation skills
- collaborative - enjoy working with others
- enrolled in high school and/or under the age of 18
For more information, please contact JSsandiegocounty@chapters.glsen.org.