You are here
Department: Operations Department
• Import donated revenue to accounting software.
• Maintain files of supporting accounting documentation.
• Invoice earned income and follow up on collections.
• Perform monthly bank account reconciliations.
• Assist in the end of the month closing, account analysis and schedules as assigned.
• Follow up on Chapter’s accounting documentation
• Assist in the end of year closing, prepare audit schedules as assigned.
• Perform general bookkeeping support and process accounts payable for the GLSEN volunteer Chapters. Maintain their accounting files.
• Provide Chapter’s customer service on accounting related matters.
• Other related tasks as assigned.
- Associate degree in accounting, three years of bookkeeping experience, or a combination of the two.
- Previous experience in non-profit accounting preferred.
- Exemplary attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage priorities and projects in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with the Accounting department team and other departments.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, accounting software)
- Prior experience with Financial Edge and Raiser’s Edge is helpful
This position will be located in GLSEN's New York City headquarters.
Resume and letter of interest including salary requirements should be submitted at: www.glsen.org/apply-to-work-at-glsen
Salary is commensurate with experience.
GLSEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, of diverse gender identities, women and non-LGBT persons to apply.