You are here
Community Engagement Associate
Reports to: Chief Communications & Advocacy Officer
Objective: The Community Engagement Associate (CEA) plays an important role strengthening GLSEN’s brand as the national leader working to address LGBT issues in K-12 education.The CEA is responsible helping drive our day-to-day community engagement for GLSEN’s social media, e-communications and online store. The ideal candidate will have experience engaging others through a variety of social media platforms, managing e-mail databases and handling customer service for e-commerce sites. The CEA will work closely with colleagues within the Communications team, including the Digital Engagement Manager and Marketing Communications Manager to support creating a world where young people learn to value and respect all people, regardless of sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity.
- Monitor the day-to-day activity on GLSEN’s social media platforms and establish a process for engaging with our audiences in a timely and consistent manner.
- Work with the Digital Engagement Manger to engage with our social media communities.
- Manage all aspects of our customer relationship management (CRM) system, including cleaning, segmenting and maximizing the impact and engagement of our lists.
- Participate in the evaluation process for enhancing our CRM system.
- Manage all customer service aspects of the GLSEN online store, including engaging with customers, tracking of inventory, working with vendors, and store promotions.
- Work with the Marketing Communications Manager on the overall e-commerce strategy and execution of store strategies.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- 2-4 years of community engagement experience.
- Track record of producing successful results in improving engagement and customer service experiences.
- Experience with CRM systems.
- Familiarity with, and a passion for, LGBT issues in K-12 education.
- Strong writing and editing skills required.
- Strong verbal communications skills.
- Proficiency using social media. Can display involvement with, or development of, social media campaigns.
- Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of HTML, Drupal, content management systems, Adobe Creative Suite, and/or video editing a plus, but not required.
- Spanish skills a plus, but not required.
- BA/BS in related field or related experience.
Resumes and letter of interest should be submitted to: http://glsen.org/apply-to-work-at-glsen
GLSEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, of diverse gender identities, women and non-LGBT persons to apply.