You are here
GLSEN is the only education organization dedicated to creating safe & inclusive K-12 schools for all students regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. Over the last 28 years, GLSEN has established a track record of remarkable systemic impact, which has been a powerful incentive for investment from individuals, corporations and foundations. Our Development team raises over $7 million a year from diverse sources for the organization’s life-changing work.
We are seeking a Database Associate to join our team and support all aspects of fundraising by maintaining donor records, ensuring integration between systems, and supporting communications with donors. The person in this role will serve a foundational function and have an opportunity to learn about our fundraising program across all lines of revenue while working in an exceptionally mission-driven environment.
The right individual will be detail oriented, have strong communication skills with a customer service approach, and experience working with databases and mass communication platforms.
This person will be part of a seven person team at our headquarters in the Financial District of New York City and will report to the Director of Development.
- Maintain impeccable donor records in Raiser’s Edge by entering gift data, actions, and copies of correspondence
- Keep donor records up to date by cleaning data, de-duping accounts, and updating assignments and attributes
- Generate regular revenue and donor reports in addition to as needed custom reports
- Produce timely, personalized acknowledgement letters for all gifts
- Support direct mail efforts by importing appeals, exporting mail lists, tracking results, coordinating vendor relationships, and proofing all copy
- Support email campaigns by maintaining list segments in the CRM, preparing mass emails, creating donation pages, and proofing all copy
- Support in-house major gift campaigns by exporting lists, customizing letter merges, and importing appeals
- Record and track pledges and collect back-up
- Ensure donations from multiple sources are recorded regularly (stock/wire/EFT deposits, GLSEN webpage, satellite sites, checks, etc.)
- Reconcile all donations with the Finance Department
- Serve as first point of contact for donors
- Process donations as needed
- Work with Development Volunteer to process returned mail, address change requests, and matching gift forms
- Conduct prospect research utilizing Wealth Engine and other tools
- Other duties as assigned
- Very keen attention to detail
- Customer service orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading, and a high level of comfort on the phone
- Expert proficiency in MS Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge or comparable donor database software
- Proficiency with mass email platforms
- Knowledge of CRM operations and import tools
- Strong understanding of fundraising administration best practices
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Team player with the ability to take independent initiative
- Minimum of 2 years experience in non-profit development
- Proven track record maintaining pristine donor data and supporting fundraising campaigns
- Strong understanding of and commitment to working through a social and racial justice lens
- Familiarity with, and a passion for, LGBTQ issues in K-12 education
This position is located in GLSEN’s New York City headquarters. To apply, please submit your resume, letter of interest, and a two-page writing sample at: hhtp://www.glsen.org/apply-to-work-at-glsen.
GLSEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, of diverse gender identities, people with disabilities, women, and non-LGBTQ persons to apply.