You are here
Database & Technology Associate
Chief Communications and Advocacy Officer
Objective:The Database & Technology Associate (DTA) administers, evaluates, designs, implements and maintains the database tools for the communications and policy teams. In addition, the DTA will support the Digital Engagement Manager with all back-end technology and administration of our website and social media tools. The DTA will also participate in planning for upgrades, enhancements and new technologies.
- Work closely with all departments, including communications, policy and development, to provide database management support.
- Provide in-house expertise and technical support to end-users on database and technology issues.
- Work with multiple departments to understand their technology needs and provide recommendations and solutions to help organization priorities and programs.
- Identify, research and resolve technical problems, working with outside vendors as needed, and document, track and monitor problems to ensure a timely resolution.
- Develop strategies for, and manage the implementation of, database consolidations to streamline efficiencies as needed throughout the organization.
- Review, analyze and evaluate database systems and digital tools and participate in planning and execution of future upgrades and technology enhancements.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of data; implement quality control mechanisms; perform data entry and oversee the data entry process; recommend and implement policies, procedures and guidelines for data entry when necessary.
- Provide technical support for websites, web-forms and e-mail blasts, including day-to-day back-end maintenance and improvements.
- Provide user support for content management. Recommend procedures to improve consistency and clarity of content.
- Provide technical support for digital engagement tools used by multiple departments.
- Work with multiple departments to develop digital archive of assets.
- Train staff on the use of software applications/databases, as needed.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- 2-5 years of database and technology experience.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and/or Blue State Digital.
- Experience with Drupal or similar software.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work well across departments and in a collaborative team environment.
- Goal-driven, intellectually curious with demonstrated ability to take initiative and problem solve.
- Ability to quickly build relationships and respond proactively to feedback and needs of staff.
- Strong drive to improve the use of technology and data to support data-driven decision-making.
- BA/BS in related field or related experience.
- Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and support multiple departments.
- Familiarity with, and a passion for, LGBT issues in K-12 education.
- Knowledge of LGBT and Education media a plus.
Resume and letter of interest should be submitted at: www.glsen.org/apply-to-work-at-glsen
GLSEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, of diverse gender identities, women and non-LGBT persons to apply.