You are here
Development Manager – Events & Corporate Relations
GLSEN is the leading education organization dedicated to creating safe & inclusive K-12 schools for all students regardless of sexuality, gender identity, or gender expression.
ABOUT THE POSITION
GLSEN is seeking an experienced fundraising professional to fill the role of Events & Corporate Relations Manager to provide full-service support to our corporate partners. This person will be responsible for managing and enhancing a successful and growing event portfolio which includes two annual galas – the Respect Awards in New York and Los Angeles – as well as an annual Pride celebration in Los Angeles. They will also collaborate with corporate partners on co-marketing and proceeds benefiting campaigns, while engaging their employee affinity groups.
The Events & Corporate Relations Manager raises philanthropic support for GLSEN priorities and programs by identifying, cultivating, soliciting, stewarding, and maintaining relationships with corporate partners. They are responsible for forming mutually beneficial, long-term partnerships with companies in order to strengthen and increase the organizational ties to these important philanthropic partners.
This person will be part of a seven person team and will report to the Director of Development.
- Overall management of approximately $2.25 million of annual event income (60%)
- Prepare budgets for each event that will achieve a responsible ROI in-line with industry standards
- Prepare revenue projections with strategies for achieving goals
- Ensure that receivables are collected and payments are made in a timely manner
- Working with GLSEN events team and vendors, ensure all sponsor benefits are fulfilled
- Working with GLSEN events team, identify potential sponsors for events
- Develop effective stewardship strategies for event participants
- Supervise & manage vendors associated with event planning, production, and execution
- Oversee event timelines to ensure deadlines are met
- Coordinate with GLSEN Communications team and other partners to prepare all event collateral and marketing material (invitations, program book, media releases, etc.)
- Recruit, assign, and train on-site volunteers for day-of event needs
- Management of cause marketing partnerships and proceeds benefit campaigns supporting GLSEN (25%)
- Collaborate with corporate partners on co-marketing campaigns with sale proceeds benefiting GLSEN
- Ensure proper agreement paperwork is prepared for each campaign
- Execute on all sponsor benefit commitments
- Management of Employee Resource Group programming with corporate partners (15%)
- Brief all corporate partners on engagement benefits associated with their sponsorship
- Keep employees and partner organizations informed about GLSEN’s work
- Coordinate with GLSEN Field Operations on activations in local communities
- BA/BS and/or 3-5 years of relevant experience in a non-profit fundraising setting
- Excellent interpersonal (written & oral), and organizational skills
- Great attention to detail and the ability to prioritize multiple assignments and complex tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel occasionally and work some nights/weekends as needed
- Team player with the ability to take independent initiative
- Experience with fundraising databases, ideally Raiser’s Edge
- Strong understanding of corporate philanthropy
- Goal oriented and deadline driven
- Established record of strong funder stewardship
- Familiarity with, and passion for, LGBTQ issues in K-12 schools
- Dedication to GLSEN’s intersectional approach to achieving its mission
This position is located in GLSEN’s New York City headquarters. To apply, please submit your resume and letter of interest at: http://www.glsen.org/apply-to-work-at-glsen
GLSEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, of diverse gender identities, women, and non-LGBTQ persons to apply.