You are here
Digital Engagement Manager
The Digital Engagement Manager is responsible for the visibility and growth of GLSEN’s brand and how we engage with constituencies across digital channels, including web, social and email. The Digital Engagement Manager develops and implements strategies that support organizational and department goals, including, but not limited to:
- Increasing reach,
- Creating meaningful engagement paths, and
- Driving engagement towards impactful actions.
The Digital Engagement Manager serves as the website manager for GLSEN.org and supports staff creation and distribution of content across web, social, and email. This position supervises the Digital Engagement Associate, who supports social media and email communications.
- Guide and implement GLSEN’s digital strategies.
- Work with and oversee third-party vendors, manage and implement continuation of GLSEN.org iterative redesign project, including integration of existing microsites.
- Develop strategy to leverage GLSEN websites, social channels, and email communications to share, promote, and engage constituents in GLSEN’s programs.
- Increase traffic to GLSEN websites and social channels, as well as engagement through meaningful actions.
- With support from the Digital Engagement Associate, develop and execute a plan for improving social media engagement.
- Generate campaigns to activate existing constituencies and engage new ones.
- Provide monthly review, analysis, and reporting on key performance indicators related to digital channels.
- Provide technical training and content development support for staff and volunteers so that they can better leverage website, social media, and email channels to amplify their work.
- Work with staff, volunteer network, student leaders, and partner organizations to develop fresh and compelling digital content to better engage constituencies.
- Provide technical support and training to ensure external communications adhere to brand standards and are effectively reaching and engaging constituencies.
- Update social media policy for staff and volunteers; and community guidelines for constituents.
- Support organization-wide efforts to utilize CRM to improve constituent engagement.
Qualifications & Required Skills:
- 5-7 years experience managing websites and/or digital campaigns
- Proficient in HTML
- Working knowledge of Drupal
- Experience working with CRM databases
- Extensive knowledge of social media platforms and best practices
- Working knowledge of search engine optimization best practices
- An understanding of digital analytics
- Creative approach in pursuing organizational opportunities
- Enthusiastic approach to working collaboratively with, and providing support for, staff and volunteers across the network who have widely varied levels of skill and comfort with digital media
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, move multiple projects forward, honor commitments, and deliver on tight deadlines
- Strong writing, editing, and oral communication skills
- A passion for LGBTQ issues in K-12 education.
Reports to:Director of Communications
Location: This position is based in GLSEN’s New York City office.
To Apply: Please submit your resume and a letter of interest at http://www.glsen.org/apply-to-work-at-glsen. Please do not email, fax, or mail applications
GLSEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, of diverse gender identities, women, and non-LGBTQ persons to apply.