You are here
Graphic Design Manager
Reports to: Director of Communications
GLSEN, the leading national organization championing LGBT issues in K-12 education, seeks a creative and enthusiastic graphic designer to join its team. The Graphic Design Manager will work collaboratively with all departments to design, create and produce high quality designs to be used on print and online to extend and amplify the GLSEN brand.
- Conceptualize, design and produce all digital and printed collateral including, but not limited to, brochures, booklets, reports, and programmatic, fundraising and community organizing related collateral.
- Create brand identities and engaging graphics for apparel, merchandise, events and other digital and printed promotional collateral.
- Design advertising creative for print and digital campaigns in collaboration with agency partnerships.
- In collaboration with the Digital Engagement Associate, support social media campaigns and create visual content for a variety of digital platforms such as glsen.org, email campaigns, and various social media channels.
- Manage organization of brand assets, photography, and art files for GLSEN and multiple sub-brands.
- Develop and maintain relationships with production vendors; prepare specifications, negotiate rates, and manage bids and contracts.
- Provide occasional support to GLSEN chapters and volunteers in their design needs.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- A BA/BS in a related field and/or 5 years of experience in graphic design, or a combination of the two.
- Experience in managing all aspects of print production processes.
- Skilled knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro and Microsoft Office.
- Experience in creating compelling and exciting organizing and promotional materials for a variety of youth and adult audiences while maintaining organizational brand identity.
- Experience designing PPT templates, brochures, displays and packaging.
- Knowledge and familiarity with video editing tools preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities at once.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- An understanding of best practices regarding social media marketing, community organizing, development appeals, and/or public policy campaigns is appreciated.
- Familiarity with, and a passion for, LGBTQ issues in K-12 education.
This position will be located in GLSEN's New York City headquarters. Resumes including a link to their portfolio and letter of interest including salary requirements should be submitted at: www.glsen.org/apply-to-work-at-glsen
GLSEN offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. GLSEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, of diverse gender identities, women, and non-LGBT persons to apply.