You are here
Marketing & Communications Associate
Reports to: Chief Communications & Advocacy Officer
Objective: The Marketing & Communications Associate (MCA) plays an important role strengthening GLSEN’s brand as the national leader working to address LGBT issues in K-12 education. The MCA is responsible for helping drive our day-to-day marketing and communications efforts, including working on advertising, branding, public relations and media relations projects. The ideal candidate will have experience executing on marketing, advertising and brand strategies, as well as writing press releases and blogs. The MCA will work closely with colleagues within the Communications team, including the Marketing Communications Manager and Media Relations Manager to support creating a world where young people learn to value and respect all people, regardless of sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity.
- Work with the Marketing Communications Manager on the day-to-day execution of GLSEN’s marketing strategies, including our efforts to brand the organization to new audiences and deepen our relationships with students and educators.
- Research advertising opportunities in digital, print and other platforms.
- Support GLSEN fundraising events in the areas of marketing, advertising and PR.
- Write content for the GLSEN blog and work with the Digital Engagement Manager to support the day-to-day operations of the blog.
- Draft press releases, talking points and other PR materials in close collaboration with the Media Relations Manager.
- Research media opportunities for GLSEN to be more proactive.
- Assist Media Relations Manager in the day-to-day updating of our media lists.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- 2-4 years of marketing and PR experience.
- Track record of executing on a variety of campaigns and developing original content.
- Experience writing press releases and other communications materials.
- Experience blogging and strong familiarity with social media.
- Strong writing and editing skills required.
- Strong verbal communications skills.
- Familiarity with, and a passion for, LGBT issues in K-12 education.
- Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, and/or video editing a plus, but not required.
- Spanish skills a plus, but not required.
- BA/BS in related field or related experience.
A resume and letter of interest should be submitted to: http://glsen.org/apply-to-work-at-glsen
GLSEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, of diverse gender identities, women and non-LGBT persons to apply.