You are here
Reports to: Executive Assistant
Objective: To support the Operations Department by assisting with various office administrative duties
- Day to day operational activities
- Scan contracts and documents
- Uploading forms as needed
- Alphabetize folders and files for vendors
- Envelope packing with the Development department
- Follow up with vendors and make calls for invoices
- Assisting operations staff with various projects
- Assisting operations staff with organizing of supplies and paperwork
- Supporting the Executive Assistant with answering the main telephone line and front door
- Administrative tasks, such as, photocopying, and responding to email inquiries
- Interested applicants should be committed to GLSEN’s mission to make schools safer all students regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity/expression
- Be organized, detailed oriented, able to take direction
- Have the ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Must have strong communication skills
- Some computer skills
- 11th and 12th graders are encouraged to apply
This position is located in GLSEN's New York City headquarters at 110 William Street, New York, NY. The position includes a weekly stipend.
GLSEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, of diverse gender identities, women and non-LGBT persons to apply.
To apply, send a resume, and cover letter to: http://www.glsen.org/apply-to-work-at-glsen.
Please indicate your availability in your cover letter. Start and end dates are flexible.