You are here
Web and Database Manager
Reports to: Director of Communications
1) Support GLSEN’s national chapter network in reaching hundreds of thousands of students, educators, parents, and community leaders with a best in class user web experience that easily connects them with resources, research, education, and programs to change the world.
- Primary position responsible for managing, developing, and styling CMS development needs for GLSEN.org and 40+ Chapter microsites utilizing both shared and soloed content.
- Manage vendor relationships and project planning to overhaul CMS and CRM in order to meet developing organizational needs and utilizing current technology and digital engagement strategies.
- Work closely with all departments, including communications, policy, development, and programs, to understand and plan for department-specific needs, make recommendations, and problem solve to help meet priorities and program deliverables.
- Manage, develop, and implement HTML email templates designed by the Graphic Design Manager.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate database systems and digital tools and participate in planning and execution of future upgrades and technology enhancements.
2) Ensure GLSEN’s constituent database, utilized by web and other digital platforms, supports staff and chapter leader needs in managing relationships with and communicating with constituents.
- Manage database naming conventions, user security, and web to database integrations.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of data; implement quality control mechanisms; perform data entry and oversee data entry process across departments; recommend and implement policies, procedures, and guidelines for data entry when necessary.
- Develop strategies for, and manage the implementation of, database consolidations and integrations to streamline and simplify constituent data management.
- Provide GLSEN staff and Chapter leaders with website and database technical support, resources, and training on managing microsites.
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems, working with outside vendors as needed, and document, track, and monitor issues to ensure a timely resolution.
3) Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- 3-5 years of website development and an expert knowledge of WordPress. Preferred experience with multi-site installations and management, Salesforce integrations, and professional plugin installation.
- 1-3 years of constituent databases experience, including a working knowledge of Salesforce, Blue State Digital, Raiser’s Edge, or a similar CRM. Salesforce preferred.
- Strong understanding of Web User Interface Design (UI), cross-browser compatibility, accessibility best practices, general web functions and standards.
- Working knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, Security Principles, Object-Oriented Design, API's
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work well across departments and in a collaborative team environment.
- Goal-driven, intellectually curious with demonstrated ability to take initiative and problem solve.
- Ability to quickly build relationships and respond proactively to feedback and needs of staff.
- Strong drive to improve the use of technology and data to support data-driven decision-making.
- Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and support multiple departments.
- Familiarity with, and a passion for, LGBTQ issues in K-12 education.
This position is located in GLSEN’s New York City headquarters. To apply, please submit your resume and letter of interest online here.
GLSEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, of diverse gender identities, women, and non-LGBTQ persons to apply.