You are here
Youth Engagement Associate
GLSEN is the leading national education organization focused on ensuring safe and affirming schools for all students. GLSEN envisions a world in which every child learns to respect and accept all people, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression. GLSEN seeks to develop school climates where difference is valued for the positive contribution it makes to creating a more vibrant and diverse community.
ABOUT THE POSITION
LGBT students and their allies are at the heart of what we do at GLSEN and we are looking for someone to help us grow the depth and breadth of our reach and inspire the next generation of youth advocates and activists.
As part of our Education and Youth Programs Department (residing in our New York City headquarters), the Youth Engagement Associate implements GLSEN’s student-focused engagement strategy at the national level through the following:
- Annual Youth-Focused Campaigns (Day of Silence, Ally Week)
- Digital Engagement (social media, email, blogs, online campaigns and content)
- GSA Support (relationship and data management, resource development)
At GLSEN, we have big plans for the future and we need a Youth Engagement Associate to ensure that our programs and resources remain effective and relevant to the hundreds of thousands of student leaders we support each year.
- You are passionate about LGBT issues in schools, youth activism, social media and social justice. And, you are clued in to how online engagement can increase awareness and support action on the ground.
- You are excited to drive the innovative growth and measurement of GLSEN’s student-focused online content and social media channels (including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Tumblr).
- You are tech savvy (Microsoft Office, Adobe, database/CRM, Google Docs, etc.), friendly, collaborative, creative, curious and able to find solutions to complex challenges.
- You have excellent communication skills, attention to detail and can juggle multiple projects at once.
- You have big ideas and know how to put them into action.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of professional experience related to online campaigns, social media strategies, resource development, youth leadership, social justice or similar area.
Want to be GLSEN’s Youth Engagement Associate? Submit your resume and letter of interest (including salary requirements) at: http://www.glsen.org/apply-to-work-at-glsen.
GLSEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, of diverse gender identities, women and non-LGBT persons to apply.