You are here
- Proud Horizons: Proud Horizons is a youth support group for all LGBTQ youth and allies 13-23. They meet every Saturday from 4-6 p.m. at First United Methodist Church’s Mead Hall 7020 Cass Street Omaha, Ne 68132
- Open Arms Transgender Youth Group:OATS meetings are potlucks for transgender youth, and it meets on the third Saturday of the month noon to 2:00 pm at Second Unitarian Church 3012 S. 119th Street in Omaha, Ne 68144
- Pride for the Youth: Pride for the Youth is a student led organization which strives to provide safe and accepting resources and environments. As well as supportive networking opportunities for LGBTQ+ youth and allies.
Parent Support Groups
- PFLAG Omaha: PFLAG is a parent support group that meets the second Thursday of every month from 6:45-9pm (with social hour at 6:30) at Countryside Community Church8787 Pacific Street Omaha, Ne 68114 Contact helpline at 402.291.6781
- PFLAG Lincoln: PFLAG Lincoln meets the 4th Tuesday of each month at 7pm with social hour at 6:30 at the Unitarian Church 6300 A St, Lincoln, NE 68510
- Support group for parents and Caregivers of Gender-Expansive Youth: UNMC has a support group for parents and caregivers of gender-expansive youth which meets the second Tuesday of the month from 6:30 to 8 PM at the Durham Outpatient Center Omaha room 4608A
- Outlinc: They strive to empower and celebrate thriving LGBTQ+ communities. They are making Lincoln a better place to live, work and play for LGBT folks and our allies!
Popular Local Events for LGBTQ Youth
- Corn This Way: An annual conference for LGBTQ youth held 3rd Saturday in May in Omaha updates on GLSEN Omaha’s Facebook page
- Tom Mahoney PRIDE prom: An annual LGBTQ youth prom held in Omaha in May
- Lincoln Pride prom: organized through the Lincoln public schools; see your GSA sponsor for information if you attend a Lincoln public school.
- PRIDE Players: An LGBTQ youth improv troupe performing annually at the Rose theatre through the Teens in Theatre program. For more info, sign up at Rose Theater
Youth PRIDE: As part of Omaha’s annual PRIDE festival and parade, there is a youth pride event.
Key GLSEN National Resources
Here are a few of the many GLSEN safe schools resources on www.glsen.org!
- Four-Steps to Create Safe Schools: Four research-based recommendations for creating safe schools for LGBT students.
- 2015 National School Climate Survey Report: Findings on the experiences of middle and high school LGBT youth.
- Jump-Start Guide for GSAs: Provides guidance to GSAs on successful and inclusive organizing practices.
- Safe Space Kit: Provides guidance to educators on creating safe learning environments.