Digital Engagement Manager
Reports to: Director of Communications and Public Voice
Location: New York City (or Remote)
Salary Range: $75,000
At a time where LGBTQ+ youth are both vulnerable to the current political climate - while highly visible and more resilient than ever before - the Digital Engagement Manager is responsible for helping achieve GLSEN’s mission of LGBTQ-inclusive K-12 schools by leveraging all digital channels – social, web, email, SMS, advertising, and blog – to advance GLSEN’s programs, services, and offerings.
Through the development of digital strategies and campaigns, the Digital Engagement Manager works to increase GLSEN’s reach with target audiences, create engagement paths, and drive meaningful action. The Digital Engagement Manager of Media Relations and Public Voice will work across all digital mediums to ensure that GLSEN’s brand and messaging are at the forefront of both the national and local conversations on LGBTQ youth and K-12 education. This manager will communicate clearly and compellingly with GLSEN’s expansive constituency, including youth, educators and school administrators, parents, chapters, partner organizations, and volunteers in our chapter network to activate these audiences to improve the climate of our nation’s schools for all. This manager will foster and facilitate communication and collaboration across departments, and across GLSEN’s 41 Chapters in 38 states. This person will have demonstrated an ability to help set a compelling and inspiring strategic digital vision for the department and organization. Finally, and most importantly, the Digital Engagement Manager will display a dynamic passion for changing the world for the better for LGBTQ youth and have an anti-oppressive and anti-racist approach to all of their work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage digital campaigns marketing GLSEN’s programs, services, and offerings through the use of social, landing pages, email, SMS, digital advertising, and blog
- Work with staff, Chapter volunteer network, student leaders, and partner organizations to develop campaigns and content to achieve organizational goals
- Create campaign plans and reports, including tracking and analyzing key performance indicators related to digital channels
- Oversee GLSEN’s social media channels
- Work with Chapters to ensure messaging consistency
- Support Chapters in their Digital Engagement work
- Advise and support in development and maintenance of website and CRM
- Provide technical training and content development support for staff and volunteers to better leverage digital channels in their work
Qualifications and Required Skills
- 3-5 years experience managing integrated digital campaigns
- Extensive knowledge of social media platforms and best practices
- Proficient in HTML
- Working knowledge of Drupal 8 or other CMS
- Experience working with CRM databases
- Working knowledge of search engine optimization best practices
- An understanding of digital analytics
- Creative approach in pursuing organizational opportunities
- Experience creating communications strategies
- Enthusiastic approach to working collaboratively with, and providing support for, staff and volunteers across the network who have widely varied levels of skill and comfort with digital media
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, move multiple projects forward, honor commitments, and deliver on tight deadlines
- Strong writing, editing, and oral communication skills
- A passion for LGBTQ issues in K-12 education
- Experience in nonprofit and/or advocacy environments a plus
- Ability to sit for eight (8) or more hours with breaks.
- This is a sedentary position, with occasional periods of standing.
- This position demands extensive keyboarding, visual acuity required
This role will directly manage the Digital Engagement Associate.
Please submit your resume and a letter of interest at glsen.org/apply-work-glsen. Please do not email, fax, or mail applications.
The Digital Engagement Manager may be a remote position GLSEN has offices in NYC and D.C., up to 20% of this position will include travel when it is safe to do so. During the Coronavirus pandemic this role is 100% remote while social distancing orders are in place.
GLSEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, people of diverse gender identities, people with disabilities, women, and non-LGBTQ people to apply.