GLSEN Arizona Managing Director
Reports to: Director of Community Mobilization
Location: Arizona with some travel within the State and limited National travel, regular travel to the Phoenix office required.
Starting salary range: $110,000 – $120,000
GLSEN offers a generous benefits package, including five weeks paid time off for new employees in addition to 10 paid holidays per year; 100% employer-paid medical and dental insurance for staff and optional benefits for family members; life insurance; and a 401k plan with increasing employer contributions based on staff tenure.
GLSEN Arizona is seeking a Chapter Managing Director to join and lead our local team to ensure our continued success as we grow our engagement in Arizona. Reporting to the Director of Community Mobilization at GLSEN National, and accountable and reporting to the GLSEN Arizona governing board, the GLSEN Arizona Managing Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for GLSEN Arizona’s staff, programs, fund development, expansion, and fulfillment of its mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Expand fundraising and other revenue-generating activities to support existing program and operations landscape as well as regional growth.
- Build out the State-wide expansion plan.
- Begin to build equitable partnerships across Arizona, establishing relationships with political and community leaders as well as prospective funders at each expansion site.
- Serve as the GLSEN Arizona’s primary spokesperson to its constituents, the media and the general public.
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, including rigorous program evaluation.
- Ensure consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and operations systems.
- Lead, coach, and retain GLSEN Arizona employees and consultants that reflect the diversity of the populations served.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications - from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Engage and energize GLSEN Arizona volunteers, board members, committees, partnering organizations, community stakeholders, and funders.
- Nurture existing and establish new relationships with relevant organizations to strategically enhance GLSEN Arizona’s mission.
- Be an external local and national presence that publishes and communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of the local program as a model for regional and national replication.
- Develop, maintain, and support an active and diverse chapter governing board, focused on ethical and effective chapter strategic growth, policy decisions, fundraising, equity, and visibility.
- Maintain GLSEN chapter accreditation.
- Develop annual work plan and corresponding budget, and report monthly to GLSEN National Director of Community Mobilization and GLSEN Arizona Board.
The GLSEN Arizona Managing Director will be thoroughly committed to GLSEN Arizona’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, advocacy, fundraising, and program management experience as well as a commitment to furthering equity and social justice.
- Knowledge of the Arizona education system and political landscape is required.
- Knowledge of issues facing LGBTQ youth in K-12 school communities is a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in all aspects of the organization.
- Existing relationships within the Arizona education system is a plus.
- A minimum of 10 years of non-profit experience including 5 or more years of effective nonprofit leadership in a management or supervisory role.
- Excellence in organizational management with demonstrated experience with coaching staff, managing and developing teams, setting and achieving strategic objectives, and developing and managing budgets.
- Commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience working with a governing board and cultivating board member relationships.
- Experience engaging a wide range of stakeholders and communities.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to strategic planning.
- Understands and values diversity and maximizes diversity to achieve organizational goals
- Positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
This position primarily works in an office-setting. Travel may be required.
- Ability to sit for eight (8) or more hours with breaks
- This is a sedentary position, with standing desks available
- Must be able to comply with the physical demands of travel
- This position demands extensive keyboarding, visual acuity required
- Occasionally asked to lift 25+ pounds
Please submit your resume and a letter of interest at www.glsen.org/apply-work-glsen. Please do not email, fax, or mail applications.
GLSEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, people of diverse gender identities, people with disabilities, women, and non-LGBTQ people to apply.