GLSEN Fashion Lounge during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week
Andy Marra Public Relations Manager 646-388-6575 email@example.com
Feb 06, 2012
ELLE presents the GLSEN Lounge during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. Fashion's elite, celebrities, tastemakers and media will stop by GLSEN's hotspot for hope and style on February 12th and 13th between 11 am and 6 pm.
The lounge will raise awareness for GLSEN's upcoming National Day of Silence taking place on April 20, 2012 where students across the country take a vow of silence to call attention to the silencing effect of anti-LGBT bullying and harassment in schools. Through their activities, students can speak out against harassment and organize for change in their schools and communities.
Fashion designers have come together to sketch their interpretation of GLSEN's Day of Silence. Sketches will be on display for public viewing at the GLSEN Fashion lounge. Participating fashion designers will be announced later this week.
In addition, lounge guests will be invited to take advantage of:
- Braid Bar by John Barrett Salon
- Live art installations by Royal & Langnickel Beauty Art Studio
- Sketch a message or design in support of GLSEN's upcoming Day of Silence
- Private photo studio to show off your sketch in support of the Day of Silence
- Stop by the Motorola station to recharge your phone and test out the latest Motorola products
- Lounge amenities provided by smartwater, Baked by Melissa, popchips and Whistle Pig Straight Rye Whiskey.