You are here
PAVE THE WAY FOR SAFER SCHOOLS WHILE YOU PAVE YOUR PATH TO COLLEGE
Students involved with GLSEN’s programs gain leadership skills and the experience they need to stand out amongst other college applicants. Here are ways that you can get involved with GLSEN!
Choose your path:
TAKE ACTION IN YOUR SCHOOL
- Raise awareness of the issues facing LGBT students by planning for GLSEN’s Ally Week, No Name-Calling Week, and the National Day of Silence in your school.
- Practice organizing strategies and develop leadership skills as you plan meetings, actions, and events.
Learn more at glsen.org/participate/programs
BE A LEADER OF YOUR GSA
- Take on a leadership role in your GSA or similar student group that provides a supportive environment for students and works to end discrimination, harassment, and bullying in schools.
- Practice your skills as you plan meetings, develop other student leaders, and create an environment of empowerment and support in your school.
Learn more at glsen.org/gsa
JOIN A GLSEN CHAPTER
- Volunteer with a GLSEN Chapter to connect with other students, educators, administrators, and community leaders through initiatives that work to improve the schools in your community!
- Gain experience and knowledge around supporting students and Gay-Straight Alliances, training educators, and providing opportunities for everyone to make change in their local schools.
Learn more at glsen.org/chapters
ADVOCATE IN YOUR COMMUNITY
- Become a member of one of GLSEN’s student leadership programs to receive leadership training and plan projects in your community throughout the year.
- Strengthen your leadership skills as you coordinate meetings, participate in skill building training, and advocate for safer schools in your community!
Learn more at glsen.org/students
Drawing on your experiences with GLSEN's programming, you can build a college application that shows off your skills, demonstrating that you are a dedicated, strong leader in the national safe schools movement!
SAVE THE DATE!
CAMPUS PRIDE & GLSEN NATIONAL ONLINE COLLEGE FAIR & PREP DAY FOR LGBT & ALLY STUDENTS & FAMILIES
Date: March 19
Hours of Operation: 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. - EST Zone
Live Broadcast & Chat from 1:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. – ET
Location: Online Virtual Fair - CampusPride.org/CollegeFair