You are here
Do you think schools should be safe for ALL students, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity and expression? Here are some of the ways you can get involved and support safe schools for ALL!
- Sign up to get email updates about GLSEN Omaha’s work here and follow us on Facebook Twitter or Instagram.
- Are you trying to start a club at your school or do you already have a club that you want support for? GLSEN Omaha provides resources to help LGBTQ clubs get started and assist clubs with a monthly newsletter that has upcoming events, activity suggestions and general resources. If you would like support with your GSA, email our GSA coordinator at Jody.Petrow@oma.glsen.org.
- Are you working to provide support for LGBTQ students in schools? GLSEN Omaha has grants to support this work; contact our secretary Andrea.Talbot@oma.glsen.org for a grant application. Grants are usually used for events during Ally Week, No Name-Calling Week, on National Coming Out Day, or on the National Day of Silence. Grants can also be used for a conference, guest speaker, or other activity focus on LGBTQ youth
- Do you have information about events, scholarships, or resources that you want to share with LGBTQ youth in the area or GLSEN to share with our network? Contact email@example.com to have your information added to our monthly student support newsletter, public calendar, or our quarterly newsletter to our advocates.
- GLSEN Omaha is a completely volunteer-run organization. We have five committees: student programs, chapter giving. connections, policy/advocacy, and professional development committee. We are currently accepting applications for board member positions which is open to high school students. Board members serve two-year terms and are often part of the LGBTQIA community, but allies are welcome as well. If you are interested in volunteering, you can start the process by completing the sign-up form at bit.ly/Omaha_Volunteer.
- GLSEN Omaha provides training and support to organizations interested in learning how to be more supportive of the LGBTQ youth that they serve. For more information, contact us at GoEd@oma.glsen.org
- Are you concerned about laws and policies being implemented at the state or local level and how they will affect LGBTQ youth? If you want to volunteer and get involved with our policy work, or if you would like you support with an issue you are concerned about, contact our policy coordinator at Charles.Kaup@oma.glsen.org
- Your contributions supports professional development for current and future educators, prevention and intervention efforts in schools, and advocacy across Nebraska. Make a donation today.