You are here
March with GLSEN at Phoenix Pride
Last year, we marched with over 300 GSA students, advisors, community members, allies and even a marching band at Phoenix Pride. We marched to the theme crafted by GLSEN students: "Our Rights Are Not Up for Debate".
Our enthusiasm, chants and signs demanding respect for various LGBTQ issues in K-12 schools was heard around the valley.
In 2018, we have the goal of mobilizing 350 supporters and allies to march with us and bring attention to the importance of creating safe schools for all students. We cannot do this without your support. If you want to be part of our Pride experience, consider getting involved in the following ways:
- Donate: Help underwrite the transportation of GSA students to the pride march. The march is an incredible show of support and love for our students. Help us give the experience of a lifetime to even more students.
- Become a Pride Captain. Pride Captains can be students, teachers, community members, parents etc. Captains help brainstorm our theme, poster design and messaging for pride. Interested? Email Tara at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- March with us! Register hereto be part of the 350 community members that champion LGBTQ issues in K-12 schools.
- Register your GSA members to march by submitting a roster via email. No need to register one at a time. To obtain the roster form email Tara at email@example.com.
- Volunteer with us and table at the Pride Festival. Email MaryAnne at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help paint our banner! Email MaryAnne today to reserve your spot at email@example.com.