Our Chapter: GLSEN Greater Cincinnati
GLSEN Greater Cincinnati is a local chapter of the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network. We work for safe, respectful K-12 schools for all, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Our programs include:
- Youth Group, a weekly social and organizing group for LGBTQPIA and allied middle and high school age youth
- Youth Summit, a free annual day-long conference of workshops, networking sessions and community building for LGBTQ and allied youth, and adults who work with youth
- Improving School Outcomes Working Group, an coalition of local non-profits working together for safe, respectful schools. Membership includes: the YWCA's Family Violence Prevention Project, Cincinnati Children's, HRC, Council on Child Abuse and Talbert House
- Trainings including Safe Space, which empowers educators to be identifiable resources to LGBTQ and allied students
- Support for Gay Straight Trans Alliances in schools
- Stories Project, illustrating school experiences through multimedia. View Stories Project: NOW on YouTube
GLSEN Greater Cincinnati was a founding chapter of the GLSEN network in 1995.
Advocacy/School Policy: Tom Sauter
Youth Summit: Shawn Jeffers