Every link you may possibly need for GLSEN's Day of Silence
April 24 is the 25th Annual Day of Silence!
Right now, thousands of students and supporters like you are gearing up to take action for LGBTQ visibility all across the country – and we wanted to be sure you had all the information and tools you need to be a part of tomorrow’s nationwide movement.
- First, check out our 2020 Virtual Day of Silence Guide – which is filled with creative ideas for how you can take action and be visible tomorrow. We’ve even developed a sample calendar that you and your friends can use to take action together, even if you can’t physically spend the day with each other!
- Then, download our speaking card to share on social media. It’s an easy way to explain to your friends and family why you’re participating in Day of Silence and what taking action for LGBTQ visibility means to you.
- Throughout the day, share with us how you’re participating in the Day of Silence! Be sure to use the #DayofSilence hashtag and your posts might even be featured on GLSEN’s social media accounts. And throughout the day, we’ll be posting exciting updates and content for you to share, so be sure to follow along on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- At 3pm ET, students and supporters across the country will all break the silence together – in whatever way makes sense for you! Maybe you schedule a dance party on Zoom with your close friends or GSA or you could even record a video of you sharing why speaking out for LGBTQ visibility is so important. Be creative – and keep us updated by using the #DayofSilence hashtag! You can also check out our Breaking the Silence guide for more ideas.
- GLSEN’s student leaders put together an amazing 2020 Day of Silence Student Zine, packed with art, poetry and tips on participating in tomorrow’s day of action. You can read it all here!
- If you’re an educator, we have resources especially for you! Download our Educator Guide to Day of Silence here.
And finally, we’ll end the day together at the Breaking the Silence rally at 5:30ET – where we’ll have special guests Emma González and Tan France join us LIVE to celebrate you and the thousands of participants in Day of Silence, discuss the importance of student-led activism and kick off GLSEN’s major nationwide voter registration drive! You can tune in live to the Breaking the Silence rally on GLSEN’s Facebook page or on our website.
When we started planning the 25th Annual Day of Silence this year, we certainly didn’t expect that it would have to become a completely virtual event. But that hasn’t deterred student leaders who know how important it’s been to join together each of the last 25 years to make our collective voices heard.
You’ve organized, you’ve helped to recruit your friends – and tomorrow, you’ll be a part of one of the largest online student-led actions for LGBTQ visibility!
See you online!