GLSEN Greater Cincinnati works for safe, respectful K-12 schools for all, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Our programs include:
- Youth Group, a weekly social and organizing group for LGBTQPIA and allied middle and high school age youth
- Youth Summit, a free annual day-long conference of workshops, networking sessions and community building for LGBTQ and allied youth, and adults who work with youth
- Trainings including Safe Space, which empowers educators to be identifiable resources to LGBTQ and allied students. Request a training at this link.
- Support for Gender and Sexuality Alliances (GSAs) in schools
- Stories Project, illustrating school experiences through multimedia. View Stories Project: NOW on YouTube, Learn about our full-length documentary A CULTURE OF SILENCE here.
GLSEN Greater Cincinnati was a founding chapter of the GLSEN network in 1995.
Local volunteer leaders include:
Chapter Chair/School Engagement: Traci Bayless
Chapter Chair/Administrative: Renee Hevia
Volunteer Coordinators: Inquire about filling volunteer position.
Trainings/Speaker Requests: Shawn Jeffers (Complete request form here.)
Community Events/Information Tables: Joe Poynter
Policy/Legislative Coordinator: Caroline Muller
Treasurer: John P. Bruggen
Stories Project/CULTURE OF SILENCE Producer: Josh Wagoner
Internships: Kathy Laufman
Youth Summit: Shawn Jeffers
Members At-Large: Estelle Riley, Elisa Hoffman
Communications Lead: Open - Inquire about filling volunteer position.
Fundraising Lead: Open - Inquire about filling volunteer position.
GLSEN GREATER CINCINNATI RECEIVES OPERATING SUPPORT FROM:
and the Kroger Community Rewards program.