GLSEN Greater Cincinnati is a local chapter of the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network. We work for safe, respectful K-12 schools for all, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Our programs include:
- Youth Group, a weekly social and organizing group for LGBTQPIA and allied middle and high school age youth
- Youth Summit, a free annual day-long conference of workshops, networking sessions and community building for LGBTQ and allied youth, and adults who work with youth
- Trainings including Safe Space, which empowers educators to be identifiable resources to LGBTQ and allied students. Request a training at this link.
- Support for Gay-Straight-Trans Alliances in schools
- Stories Project, illustrating school experiences through multimedia. View Stories Project: NOW on YouTube
GLSEN Greater Cincinnati was a founding chapter of the GLSEN network in 1995.
Local volunteer leaders include:
Gay-Straight-Trans Alliance Support: Emma Heinemann
Trainings/Speaker Requests: Shawn Jeffers (Complete request form here.)
Community Events/Information Tables: Kathy Laufman
Stories Project: Josh Wagoner
Internships: Kathy Laufman
Youth Summit: Shawn Jeffers
GLSEN GREATER CINCINNATI RECEIVES OPERATING SUPPORT FROM:
and the Kroger Community Rewards program.