You are here
RESPONDING TO VALENTINE ROAD
STUDENT ACTIONS AND RESOURCES
Now that you’ve watched and discussed Valentine Road, take action to create change in your school!
If you have FIVE MINUTES...
- Share a Safe Space Kit with an educator ally.
- Register your GSA.
- Tweet @GLSEN and tell us how you’re creating change in your school.
If you have ONE HOUR...
- Connect with your local GLSEN Chapter.
- Read or share Know your Rights: A Guide for Trans and Gender Nonconforming Students.
If you have ONE DAY...
- Participate in GLSEN’s Day of Silence.
- Download and deliver a copy of GLSEN's Ready, Set, Respect! elementary toolkit to your alma mater.
If you have ONE WEEK...
- Check out Transgender Student Rights (TSR), a grassroots student-created organization, working to create safer spaces for trans and gender nonconforming students.
- Join your school’s GSA! If your school doesn't have one, start it yourself!
- Learn about the impact of GSAs.
NEED HELP OR SOMEONE TO TALK TO?
THE TREVOR LIFELINE
Call 1-866-488-7386, to connect with a trained volunteer counselor who is ready to listen. It’s free, confidential and available 24/7. The Trevor Lifeline is the only nationwide, around-the-clock crisis and suicide prevention lifeline for LGBTQ youth. Find out more at www.thetrevorproject.org.
NATIONAL SUICIDE PREVENTION LIFELINE
Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) to connect with a skilled, trained counselor at a crisis center in your area, anytime 24/7. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress. Find out more at www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org.